MQTT (Message Queue Telemetry Transport) is a machine-to-machine data transfer protocol. It is the most popular messaging protocol for Internet of Things (IoT) and Industrial Internet of Things (IIoT). MQTT allows to securely connect, publish, and subscribe to data.
- MQTT is used with IoT and IIoT to publish and subscribe data.
- Especially effective in high latency situation.
- Sepasoft module tag collectors work with MQTT supporting integration of IoT/IIoT and MES.
How to configure tags to achieve MQTT store and forward functionality
1) Set up MQTT using the following guide: Cirrus Link Documentation
2) On your Gateway Configuration page, go to MQTT Transmission > History.
On the "Default In-Memory Store," set "Enabled" to True.
3) On your Gateway Configuration page, go to MQTT Transmission > Settings > Transmitters.
Set the "History Store" setting to "Default In-Memory Store".
4) Locate the tag created by MQTT engine for the devices.
5) Turn on history for the MQTT Engine tags. This is currently required so that the MQTT Engine will notify MES when there are new historical tag values.
6) Set the tag collector tags in production model.